OUR CLUB & HISTORY

The Lane Cove Tigers are a family friendly club that provides an opportunity for boys and girls to play junior rugby league. Our focus is on getting children participating, learning new skills, working as a team, exercising and having fun!

Rugby league was first played in Lane Cove in 1925 and were known as the Tigers from 1956 until 1999. The club was re-formed in 2012 due to the significant interest in rugby league within the local schools.

The Lane Cove Tigers was founded in 1925 were known as the Tigers from 1956 until 1999. The club was re-formed in 2012 due to the significant interest in rugby league within the local schools, and is one of eight clubs that comprise the North Sydney Bears district rugby league football competition, which ultimately field a NSW Cup Team and is a feeder club for the South Sydney Rabbitohs. The club currently have teams from Under 6s to U12s with their home ground at Tantallon Oval. We’re committed to inclusiveness, excellence, courage and teamwork defining every step. These are our core Values. These values are displayed both on and off the field, including our recent work with Council and our other fellow resident Clubs of Tantallon Oval in achieving a much needed upgrade of the lighting infrastructure.

Our home ground is Tantallon Oval, located on the corner of Epping Road and Tantallon Road. Children aged 4 and over can play rugby league.

Games are played on Saturdays in the North Sydney District Junior Rugby League Competition and Training is held on Tuesday afternoons at Tantallon Oval.